Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Installing Siebel Enterprise Server and Related Components > About Installing and Deploying with Multiple Languages >
Installing and Deploying Additional Languages
This topic is part of About Installing and Deploying with Multiple Languages.
The following scenario is intended for customers who determine they require additional languages not previously installed and deployed.
This scenario may apply (for applicable releases and languages) for any languages that shipped after Siebel Business Applications version 8.0.
This topic describes adding new languages to your existing Siebel deployment and existing physical resource allocation. As part of expanding language support, you also might install components on new servers that will include new languages.
NOTE: In order to add languages not previously installed or include them in a new installation, the languages must be present in the Siebel network image. Where necessary, you must add languages to the network image using the Siebel Image Creator utility.
For detailed requirements and other information about running Siebel installers, Configuration Wizards, and Siebel Image Creator, see applicable chapters in this guide. Where applicable, see also the Siebel Maintenance Release Guide on My Oracle Support for version 8.0.0.x.
To add new Language Packs to your existing physical resource allocation
- Complete the tasks described in Installing and Deploying All Required Languages Once or Installing All Required Languages But Deploying Some Languages Later.
- Verify that the new language is included in the Siebel network image for each product.
- When you are ready to install and deploy additional languages, run the installer program on each physical server where Siebel product components are installed.
- When prompted, specify that you are adding one or more languages to an existing installation. Also specify the location to which you are adding languages, and specify the languages you are adding.
- Perform the following for each installed Siebel Server:
- Shut down the Siebel Server.
- Launch the Siebel Server Configuration Wizard.
- Remove the configuration for this Siebel Server from the Siebel Gateway Name Server.
- Re-create the configuration for this Siebel Server. Specify that you want to deploy all languages previously deployed, and any additional languages you have just installed and are now deploying.
- Perform the following for each installed SWSE:
- Stop the Web server.
- Launch the SWSE Configuration Wizard.
- Re-create the configuration for this SWSE, using the same SWSE logical profile you used when you initially configured this SWSE. Specify that you want to deploy all languages previously deployed, and any additional languages you have just installed and are now deploying.
- If applicable patch releases are available, install them on all components in your Siebel deployment.
- For each additional installed language you are deploying for the first time: add the language to the Siebel Database, import the Siebel Repository, and run the MLOV conversion utility. For each new language, this step is done only once for each Siebel Database and Siebel Enterprise.
- Restart the Web servers and the Siebel Servers.
- As applicable, install additional patch releases when they become available.