Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Installing Siebel Enterprise Server and Related Components > Installing Siebel Management Agent and Siebel Management Server >
Installing Siebel Management Server
This topic is part of Installing Siebel Management Agent and Siebel Management Server.
This topic describes how to install Siebel Management Server on a Microsoft Windows server in a Siebel environment.
Before you start the installation tasks described here, review the requirements and make sure you adhere to those that apply for the installation of Siebel Management Server. For details, see Requirements for Installing Siebel Management Agent and Siebel Management Server.
NOTE: The following procedure is for installing the base product. For patch installation instructions, refer to the applicable Siebel Maintenance Release Guide on My Oracle Support. See also About Installing Siebel Releases.
To install Siebel Management Server
- Log on to the Microsoft Windows server machine where you want to install Siebel Management Server.
- Navigate to the Siebel image location that contains the installer for Siebel Management Server. For example, navigate to:
Siebel_Image = The directory for your Siebel network image, such as:
- Double-click setup.exe.
The screen Welcome to InstallShield Wizard for Siebel Management Server with Diagnostic Tool appears.
- Click Next to proceed.
A screen appears that asks you to specify the location where you install Siebel Management Server.
- Accept the default directory location proposed by the installer or enter an alternative directory to install Siebel Management Server, then click Next.
The default installation directory is C:\sba80\mgmtsrvr.
NOTE: The installation directory location must not contain spaces; underscores are allowed.
The installer displays the location into which it will install the Siebel Management Server, and displays the disk space required for the installation.
- Review the information and take the appropriate action:
- If the information is incorrect, click Back to correct the installation location.
- If the information is correct, click Next.
The InstallShield Wizard starts installation of Siebel Management Server.
On completion of the installation, a configuration wizard appears: Siebel Configuration Wizard - Siebel Management Server Configuration.
- Either configure the Management Server now, or cancel the wizard and configure it later.
For information on the values to enter in this wizard, see Configuring Siebel Management Agent and Siebel Management Server.
- Click Finish to close the installer wizard.
- After installation is complete, review the installer log file to make sure no errors occurred during installation.
The installer writes output to a log file, log.txt, which is stored in the Siebel Management Server installation directory.