Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Installing and Configuring the Siebel Web Server Extension > Postinstallation Tasks for the SWSE and the Web Server >
Configuring the Default HTTP and HTTPS Ports for the Web Server
This topic is part of Postinstallation Tasks for the SWSE and the Web Server.
The default HTTP and HTTPS ports for the Web server are port 80 and 443, respectively. When you deploy SWSE onto the Web server, you might want to use non-default port numbers. The following procedure provides steps to configure these ports.
To configure the default ports for HTTP and HTTPS
- Open the eapps.cfg file.
- Locate the
- Change the port number for
HTTPSPort to a desired port number. For example:
HTTPPort = 81
HTTPSPort = 444
NOTE: Alternatively, update these ports by re-creating and reapplying the SWSE logical profile.
- Configure the Web server:
- On the Microsoft IIS machine, navigate to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then Internet Information Services.
- In the right panel, double-click on the local computer name.
- In the right panel, double-click Web Sites.
- In the right panel, right-click Default Web Site, and choose Properties.
- In the Web Site tab, change the values for the TCP Port and SSL Port to the same values you set in Step 3.