Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Installing and Configuring the Siebel Web Server Extension >
Troubleshooting SWSE Installation
This topic provides suggestions for troubleshooting problems you may encounter when installing and configuring the SWSE.
- Problem: After installation, when launching the Siebel Web Client, a message appears, stating:
Page Cannot be displayed
Cause: Any of the following:
- If you are testing a self-created virtual directory, make sure you added the sweiis.dll parameter to your virtual directory. This parameter allows communication with the Siebel Server. For information, see Creating Custom Virtual Directories.
- Make sure that anonymous users specified in the eapps.cfg file (
AnonPassword parameters) are also defined in the Siebel Database with the correct responsibilities. Otherwise, end users cannot access the home page. See also Requirements for SWSE Installation and Configuration.
- Make sure that the connect string for the Siebel application is correct. The value resembles the following (where load balancing is not deployed):
ConnectString = siebel.TCPIP.none.none://SiebelServerHost:2321/
- Make sure the necessary Siebel Server components and component groups are enabled.
- Problem: Your Siebel application hangs, displays a blank page or page not found, or times out.
Cause: Appropriate parameters are not available within the [defaults] section of the eapps.cfg file for the Siebel Business Applications.
Solution: Make sure that the [defaults] section of the eapps.cfg file contains valid
HTTPSPort values. Also make sure that
GuestSessionTimeout have appropriate values. For information about configuring these and other parameters, see Creating the SWSE Logical Profile.
- Problem: After stopping the IIS Administration service, an error message appears:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
Cause: Stopping the IIS Administration service from Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then Services creates an error.
Solution: Open a DOS command window and issue the following command to release all resources used by this service, such as inetinfo.exe and dllhost.exe:
If, after doing this, you still cannot start the Siebel applications, you must restart the machine.
- Problem: Inability to access the Siebel Web Client. The browser status bar may display errors, such as
SWESubmitOnEnter is undefined, and the login page may appear to hang. Or, the Siebel Web Client login page does not display properly; for example, images may be missing.
Cause: The IWAM_machinename and IUSR_machinename user accounts do not have proper permissions to the SWSE_ROOT\public\lang directory.
Solution: Stop the Web server (for more information, see Requirements for SWSE Installation and Configuration). Make sure that permissions meet the requirements described in Requirements for SWSE Installation and Configuration. Restart the Web server.