Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Installing and Configuring the Siebel Web Server Extension >
Installing the SWSE
This topic provides instructions for installing the SWSE on your Web server machine.
The installation program sets up the Siebel directory structures and copies required files and components to the target location on the Web server.
Before proceeding, review the requirements and tasks described in Requirements for SWSE Installation and Configuration and Installing the Web Server. See also Determining Your Installation and Configuration Method and any other applicable topics.
After installation, the SWSE Configuration Wizard launches, so you can apply the SWSE logical profile and configure the SWSE instance.
For information about creating the SWSE logical profile and about configuring the SWSE instance after installing, see Configuring the SWSE.
For small deployments, you can alternatively install using the FastTrack Wizard. For details, see Installing Using the Siebel FastTrack Wizard.
If you are installing in unattended or console mode, see also Installing and Configuring in Unattended and Console Modes.
NOTE: The following procedure is for installing the base product. For patch installation instructions, refer to the applicable Siebel Maintenance Release Guide on My Oracle Support. See also About Installing Siebel Releases.
To install the SWSE
- Log on to the Web server machine as the OS administrator.
- (Optional) Uninstall your existing SWSE. For more information, see Requirements for SWSE Installation and Configuration. See also Uninstalling Siebel Business Applications.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the Siebel image location for the current software version. Then navigate to the directory where the installer is located.
In this case, navigate to Siebel_Image\Windows\Server\Siebel_Web_Server_Extension.
- Siebel_Image = The directory for your version-specific Siebel network image, such as D:\Siebel_Install_Image\220.127.116.11.
- To start the SWSE installer, double-click setup.exe.
The screen Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Siebel Web Server Extension appears.
- Click Next to proceed.
If you have installed other Siebel components of the same version on the same machine, the installer displays the message that an existing installation has been found. Otherwise, go to Step 7.
- Depending on whether you are installing your SWSE for the first time or adding a new language to an existing instance, take the appropriate action:
- To install a new instance of the SWSE software, select None (the default) and click Next.
- To install a new language in an existing instance, select the displayed instance and click Next. Proceed to Step 8.
- Confirm the default installation directory or specify a different one, and click Next.
The default SWSE installation directory is C:\sba80\SWEApp.
CAUTION: Do not specify the Web server installation directory as the directory in which to install SWSE.
- Select the language or languages you are installing for the SWSE and click Next.
SWSE is installed with at least one language. Languages must be installed in order to run applications using these languages. The first language you install serves as the primary (base) language, in which your server messages and logs will display.
If you install multiple languages, when you configure the SWSE you can specify which installed languages to deploy and which installed language is to be the primary language.
You can install additional languages at a later date. If you add languages to an existing installation, you must also reinstall any patch releases that may have been installed after the base installation.
For more information about installing and deploying languages, see:
- On the Program Folder screen, click Next to accept the default program shortcut location or modify the program folder name to a desired name and then click Next.
By default, the shortcut is created in Siebel Enterprise Server Configuration 8.0, for a U.S. English (ENU) installation.
The default program group name and shortcut name are in the language in which the installer ran. Also, the Configuration Wizard command defined in the shortcut sets the LANG argument to the language in which the installer ran.
For more information about the LANG argument, see Configuration Wizard Syntax Elements. See also The Language in Which Siebel Installers and Wizards Run.
The installer displays the location into which it will install the SWSE. It also displays the disk space required for the software you are installing.
- Click Next to copy the SWSE files into the installation location. Alternatively, to change any settings, click Back, adjust your selections, and click Next to return to this screen.
The installer proceeds to install the specified files and indicates its progress.
After all SWSE files are installed, the installer launches the Siebel Configuration Wizard for Siebel Web Server Extension (also called the SWSE Configuration Wizard).
- Perform one of the following actions:
The InstallShield Wizard has successfully installed Siebel Web Server Extension. Choose Finish to exit the Wizard.
- To exit the installer, click Finish.