Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Uninstalling Siebel Business Applications >
Uninstalling Siebel Enterprise Server Software
This topic describes how to uninstall Siebel Enterprise Server software for version 8.0. The Siebel Enterprise Server software components you can uninstall are the same as those you can install: Siebel Gateway Name Server, Siebel Server, Database Configuration Utilities, and EAI Connector.
Before you uninstall, see also About Uninstalling Siebel Applications.
Siebel Enterprise Server components may have been installed on a single machine, or different components may have been installed on multiple machines.
Uninstalling a Siebel Server also requires that corresponding physical configuration data be removed from the Siebel Gateway Name Server. Observe the following requirements:
- When you uninstall a Siebel Server, the Siebel Server service running on this machine must be stopped, and the Siebel Gateway Name Server service must be running (on the machine where it was installed).
The uninstaller launches the Siebel Server Configuration Wizard. The wizard task to remove an existing configuration safely removes Siebel Server configuration data from the Gateway Name Server and removes the Siebel Server service from the local server machine.
- If you are uninstalling an entire Siebel Enterprise Server, the Siebel Gateway Name Server service must be running during all uninstalls. The Siebel Gateway Name Server must be uninstalled last. The uninstaller automatically stops the Siebel Gateway Name Server.
The uninstaller launches the Siebel Configuration Wizard. The wizard option to remove an existing configuration includes multiple tasks, which you perform in the following order, where applicable:
- A task to remove a Siebel Web Server Extension logical profile directory. (This option is provided as a convenience. If you may require any of the files, do not use this option, or back up the directory before proceeding.)
- A task to remove Siebel Enterprise Server configuration data from the Gateway Name Server. (Choose this option only when all Siebel Servers have been uninstalled and unconfigured.)
- A task to remove the physical Siebel Gateway Name Server. This task removes the Siebel Gateway Name Server service from the local server machine. (Choose this option only when all other Siebel Enterprise Server components have been uninstalled and unconfigured.)
- Sometimes an uninstallation may be performed when Siebel Enterprise Server components have not been fully configured. Depending on which items have or have not been configured, when the uninstaller launches the Siebel Configuration Wizard, you can cancel this wizard and proceed safely with uninstallation. Remove any configurations for items that have been configured.
NOTE: If the Siebel Gateway Name Server has not yet been configured, the corresponding service will not have been created, and so the requirement that the Siebel Gateway Name Server service must be running does not apply. If you previously configured the Siebel Gateway Name Server, then uninstalling without unconfiguring will not remove the corresponding service.
- If you are uninstalling an entire Siebel Enterprise Server, uninstall the Siebel Server where you also installed Database Configuration Utilities last, before you uninstall the Siebel Gateway Name Server. Uninstall Database Configuration Utilities at the same time you uninstall this Siebel Server.
NOTE: Before you uninstall Database Configuration Utilities and Siebel Server, it may be advisable to back up files such as summary.html and summary.txt in the DBSRVR_ROOT directory and files in the log directory under SIEBSRVR_ROOT.
- When Siebel Server and Database Configuration Utilities are installed on the same machine, do not uninstall Siebel Server without also uninstalling Database Configuration Utilities. Database Configuration Utilities cannot operate without an installed Siebel Server on the same system. Uninstall Database Configuration Utilities at the same time you uninstall this Siebel Server.
- Because the EAI Connector component is optional and may be installed on more than one machine, it is generally safe to uninstall this component at any time, if you do not require it. If you are uninstalling an entire Siebel Enterprise Server, uninstall EAI Connector components before you uninstall the last Siebel Server and the Siebel Gateway Name Server. Or, uninstall EAI Connector at the same time you uninstall Siebel Enterprise Server components installed on the same machine.
- If you are uninstalling Siebel Enterprise Server software for version 8.0, use one of the following methods to invoke the uninstaller, as described in the procedure that follows:
- Use Add or Remove Programs
- Use the uninstaller.exe executable program
- For Siebel Enterprise Server installation information, see Installing Siebel Enterprise Server and Related Components.
To uninstall Siebel Enterprise Server components
- If you are uninstalling a Siebel Server, stop the Siebel Server service.
- Verify that the Siebel Gateway Name Server process is running.
- Launch the Siebel Enterprise Server uninstaller. Do one of the following:
- Use Add or Remove Programs:
- Choose Start, then Control Panel. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the Siebel Enterprise Servers full uninstall item for the server you want to remove and click Change/Remove.
- Use uninstaller.exe:
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the SIEBEL_ROOT\_uninst\ses directory.
- Double-click uninstaller.exe.
- In the screen Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Siebel Enterprise Server, click Next.
- Select the products from the menu that you want to uninstall and click Next. Depending on what components are installed in SIEBEL_ROOT, you can choose one or more of these items:
- Gateway Name Server
- Siebel Server
- Database Configuration Utilities
- EAI Connector
NOTE: You can choose to uninstall all installed products at the same time, or you can choose to uninstall products individually, subject to the guidelines presented earlier in this topic.
The uninstaller displays the location and the name of each product you selected for uninstallation.
- If not correct, click Back and select a different product on the previous screen. (This screen is also your last chance to cancel uninstallation. Once you click Next here, you must allow uninstallation to proceed without canceling.)
- If this is correct, click Next.
The Uninstaller Progress screen appears, showing the progress of file removal.
If you are uninstalling Siebel Gateway Name Server or Siebel Server, Siebel Configuration Wizard screens display, to allow you to remove configuration data. For more information, see the guidelines presented earlier in this topic.
- Remove configuration data, as appropriate for the components you are uninstalling. If this task is not required, click Cancel.
After configuration data has been removed, the uninstaller displays the following message:
The InstallShield Wizard has successfully uninstalled Siebel Enterprise Server. Choose Finish to exit the wizard.
- Click Finish.
- If prompted to do so, restart your server.