Siebel System Administration Guide > Configuring Siebel Servers > Configuring the Siebel Enterprise Server >
Creating Siebel Enterprise Server Named Subsystems
This topic describes creating Siebel Enterprise Server named subsystems. For background information on named subsystems and their parameters, see About Named Subsystem Parameters and About Siebel System Parameters.
The named subsystem parameters override the parameters that are set at the Enterprise Server, Siebel Server, and server component levels. See About Siebel System Parameters for further details on setting server parameters.
You can create and configure the named subsystems using both the Siebel Server Manager GUI and the command-line interface. To configure named subsystems using the Siebel Server Manager command-line interface, see Named Subsystem Management Commands.
To create named subsystems
- Navigate to Administration-Server Configuration screen, then the Enterprises view.
- Select the Profile Configuration view tab.
- In the Profile Configuration list, click the menu button and then New Record.
- In the Name field, type the name of the named subsystem. Do not exceed 30 characters when defining the name of the named subsystem.
- In the Alias field, type the alias of the named subsystem.
- In the Subsystem Type field, click the select button and then select the Subsystem Type from the dialog box and click OK.
The subsystem type that you select should have a checkmark in the Is Named Enabled field.
- In the Description, type a description of the named subsystem.
- Click the menu button and then Save Record.
- In the Profile Parameters list, modify the parameters as appropriate. See Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server Named Subsystem Parameters for a description of this task.
Parameters are added to the named subsystem, based on the subsystem type that you selected.