Siebel System Administration Guide > Configuring Siebel Servers > Process for Creating a Custom Siebel Server Component >
Creating a Custom Siebel Server Component Group
If you want to create your own defined components and assign them to component groups other than the predefined ones, then you first need to create component groups before creating the defined components. Component groups allow you to run related tasks and administer related components in logical groupings.
This topic is an optional task in the Process for Creating a Custom Siebel Server Component.
To create a custom component group
- Navigate to Administration-Server Configuration screen, Enterprises, and then the Component Groups view.
- In the Component Groups list, click the menu button and then New Record.
- In the Component Group field, type in a name for the component group.
The name must be unique across the Siebel Enterprise Server and should expressively identify the component group.
- In the Component Group Alias field, type in an alias for the component group.
The component group alias must:
- Be unique across the Siebel Enterprise Server
- Not contain any blanks
- Contain no more than 30 characters
- In the Description field, enter a description of the component group.
- Click the menu button and then Save Record.