Siebel System Administration Guide > Administering Server System Services > Administering Siebel Management Agents >
Administering Siebel Management Agents on UNIX
This section describes how to start and stop a Siebel Management Agent on UNIX.
To start a Siebel Management Agent on UNIX
- Log in as a user with permissions to execute the Siebel Management Agent.
- Make the root directory for the Siebel Management Agent the current directory.
- Enter the following command to start a Siebel Management Agent:
This command starts two processes:
- The startagent.sh process
- A Java process that is a child process of the startagent.sh process
To stop a Siebel Management Agent on UNIX
- Log in as the Siebel Service owner user.
- Identify the processes that executing the startagent.sh process created.
- Kill the following processes in the following order:
- Java process that has a parent process ID which matches the process ID of the startagent.sh process
- Startagent.sh process