Siebel Territory Management Guide > Sales Quotas and Territory Management > Process of Creating and Aligning Sales Quotas >
Checking and Publishing the Sales Quotas
After you have defined the sales quotas and rolled up the amounts, check the total sales quota to make sure it is what you want. If it is not, make necessary adjustments.
Once the total sales quota is correct, you publish it to assign the sales quota to the territories in the Territory Hierarchy that you associated with the Sales Quota record.
When you click Publish, to assign the sales quota to the territories, the application must
- Check Dates. The application compares the sales quota periods with the start date and end date of the territory rules. If an entire sales quota period is within the start date and end date of a rule, the application assigns the entire quota to the territory specified by the rule. If only part of a sales quota period is within the start date and end date of a rule, the application assigns a pro rated share of that quota to the territory specified by the rule.
- Check Accounts. One account may be in multiple territories. If so, the application assigns the quota for the account to those territories. The percentage of the total quota assigned to each account depends on the value in the Allocation Percentage field in the Territories Administration Quotas, Accounts, Contacts, Postal Code, or Geo Zone view.
This task is a step in Process of Creating and Aligning Sales Quotas.
To check and publish the sales quota
- After rolling up the quota, check the value in the Quota Value field of the Quotas form.
- If this is not the total sales quota that you want, repeat the steps in Defining Sales Quotas, changing the period quotas to change the total quota value.
- When the total Quota Value is correct, click Publish.