Siebel Master Data Applications Reference for Industry Applications > Administering Siebel Master Data Applications >
Unmerging Previously Merged UCM Records
A Siebel Universal Customer Master (Siebel UCM) record that results from the merging of two preexisting records, as defined by survivorship rules, can be unmerged to the state of their original records. After unmerging the merged record, Siebel UCM restores the parent victim record and reverts the parent merged record back to its previous state. Siebel UCM removes children of the victim record from the surviving merged record and adds them back to the victim record. (Siebel UCM supports a limited number of children.)
If the merged record is subsequently updated prior to rolling back, the surviving unmerged record retains the updates, while the record that did not survive during the original merge reverts to its original state.
To unmerge a merged UCM record
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Universal Customer Master screen.
- From the link bar, select Unmerge Profiles.
- Select either the Merged Accounts tab or Merged Contacts tab.
- In the Account or Contact Source list, select the source record of interest.
- Click the Unmerge button.