Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > How the Siebel Database Upgrade Works >
About Supported Siebel Upgrade Paths
Upgrades from: All Supported Siebel releases.
Environments: Development, production test, production.
Supported upgrade paths are described in Siebel System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Oracle Technology Network.
The Siebel Database Upgrade Guide does not cover the following specific upgrade paths or infrastructure changes. Contact your Oracle sales representative for Oracle Advanced Customer Services to request assistance from Oracle's Application Expert Services.
- Direct upgrades from Siebel 6.x to releases after Siebel 7.7 are not supported, except where noted. You must first upgrade from Siebel 6.x to Siebel 7.7.
However, direct upgrades from Siebel 6.2.1 of Siebel Financial Services to Siebel 7.8 or 8.0 of Siebel Industry Applications on IBM z/OS platforms are supported. To perform this upgrade, see Siebel Database Upgrade Guide for DB2 UDB for z/OS.
To upgrade from Siebel 6.x to Siebel 7.7, see the latest Siebel 7.7 version of the Siebel Database Upgrade Guide on the Siebel Bookshelf.
- Changing database platform type during an upgrade, for example changing from Oracle8i to IBM DB2.
- Changing operating system type during an upgrade, for example changing from Windows to UNIX.
- Migrating to Unicode.
- Migrating from Oracle's Siebel Industry Solutions applications or Siebel Financial Services to Siebel Business Applications.
If your enterprise uses SAP and you have implemented the Siebel Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) product, see Siebel Connector for SAP R/3 for upgrade instructions.
- Upgrading from one base language to another. To achieve similar results, upgrade your existing base language and install the language pack for the desired language.