Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Performing the Siebel Repository Merge >
Running the Siebel Postmerge Utilities
Upgrades from: All Supported Siebel releases.
Environments: Development environment only.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, IBM z/OS.
This topic is part of an upgrade process. See How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade.
After the merge is completed successfully, run the postmerge utilities. These utilities make the following changes to user interface objects in the merged repository:
- Convert certain flow-based form applets to grid-based.
- Verify that new or customized screens, views, and applets from the Prior Customer Repository are configured correctly and can be accessed in the UI.
- Revise multi-value group (MVG) applets so that they are shuttle-enabled.
- If you selected Incorporate Custom Layout (ICL) during the repository merge, the utilities list the UI objects that were affected.
- Lists UI objects that have missing required fields.
You can rerun the postmerge utilities as needed. If the postmerge utilities encounter a problem and exit before completing, do the following, fix the problem in the merged repository, and then rerun the utilities.
To run the postmerge utilities
- If you are rerunning the postmerge utilities and want to save the existing log, rename the log. The path to the log is as follows:
SIEBEL_TOOLS_INSTALL_DIR is the directory where Siebel Tools is installed.
If you do not rename the log, it will be overwritten.
- In Siebel Tools, navigate to Screens > Application Upgrader > Application Upgrade Object List.
- In the Application Upgrades list, select the record of the merge.
- In the Application Upgrades list, right-click and select Launch Post Merge Utility from the pop-up menu.
A dialog box appears and displays the postmerge utilities log. When the utilities have finished, a message showing completion displays in the log.
Do not launch more than one instance of the postmerge utilities.