Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Siebel Database and UI Upgrade Planning >
About Siebel Upgrade Planning Resources
Upgrades from: All Supported Siebel releases.
Environments: Development, production test, production.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, IBM z/OS.
This topic lists important publications and resources for performing an upgrade. Review these as part of the upgrade planning process.
Oracle's Siebel Product documentation is collectively called the Siebel Bookshelf. The Siebel Bookshelf is available on Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and Oracle E-Delivery. It might also be installed locally on your intranet or on a network location.
Siebel Installation and Deployment Documentation
The following publications are meant to be used in concert with installation or deployment of the Siebel application and can be found on Siebel Bookshelf:
- Deployment Planning Guide
- Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools
- Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools
- Going Live with Siebel Business Applications. Provides information about how to migrate customizations from the development environment to the production environment
- Siebel System Administration Guide. Details on how to administer, maintain, and expand your Siebel Servers
- Security Guide for Siebel Business Applications
- Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide
- Performance Tuning Guide
- Configuring Siebel Business Applications. Provides information about configuring Siebel Business Applications in Siebel Tools
- Siebel Data Model Reference (DMR). The DMR describes in detail the Siebel Database schema for a Release. It also lists certain types of schema changes. Use the DMR during upgrade planning to evaluate how data will be stored in the new Release. Consider obtaining a DMR for both the Release you are upgrading from as well as the Release you are upgrading to. Contact your Oracle sales representative for Oracle Advanced Customer Services to request assistance from Oracle's Application Expert Services for information on ordering DMRs.
Oracle Technology Network
This site contains the following:
- Siebel Bookshelf. A searchable collection of Oracle's Siebel Product documentation.
- Siebel System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Oracle Technology Network. This document is the definitive list of system requirements and supported third-party products.
This site provides search access to Bulletins (previously published as Siebel Technical Notes) Alerts, Fix Packs, Release Notes, Maintenance Release Guides, Alerts, Technical Notes, and more:
Technical Account Manager
If you need assistance planning your upgrade or encounter problems during the upgrade, your Technical Account Manager can advise you on how best to use available Oracle resources.
Advanced Customer Services
Contact your Oracle sales representative for Oracle Advanced Customer Services to request assistance from Oracle's Application Expert Services. They offer detailed implementation planning and technical consulting services as well as rapid response and resolution for critical technical issues affecting Siebel deployments.
Contact your Oracle sales representative for Oracle Advanced Customer Services for important information in the following areas:
- Migrating from Siebel Industry Solutions or Siebel Financial Services to Siebel Business Applications during upgrade
- Migrating to Unicode code page support during upgrade
- Changing operating system type during upgrade