Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Siebel Postmerge Development Tasks >
Reviewing Objects Deleted from the Siebel Repository
Upgrades from: All Supported Siebel releases.
Environments: Development environment only.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, IBM z/OS.
This topic is part of an upgrade process. See How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade.
If an object you have deleted from the Prior Customer Repository exists in the New Customer Repository, the repository merge does not delete the object from the New Customer Repository. After the merge, you must review these objects and verify that they do not adversely affect the operation of the application.
Prerequisite: The repository merge must have been successful. See Reviewing the Siebel Repository Merge Log Files.
To generate a list of deleted objects
- In Siebel Tools, navigate to Screens > Application Upgrader > Application Upgrade Object List.
- In the Application Upgrades list, select the record of the successful merge.
- Click Query.
- Enter your query criteria in the Object Differences list:
- Click in the In Prior Standard field so that a check mark appears.
- Click in the Added to New Customized field so that a check mark appears.
- Click in the In Prior Customized field so that a check mark appears. Then click in it again so that no check mark appears.
- Press Enter to run the query.
Deleted objects appear in the Object Differences list. You can filter the objects displayed by using the Top Parent Type and Object Type fields.
- Review the list carefully to determine that deleted objects that have been restored to the merged repository will not have an adverse effect on upgraded applications.
About the Siebel Repository Merge