Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Reviewing the Siebel User Interface >
Troubleshooting Postmerge Siebel UI Problems
Upgrades from: All Supported Siebel releases.
Environments: Development environment only.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, IBM z/OS.
This topic is part of an upgrade process. See How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade.
Basic Troubleshooting Guidelines
If views or screens do not display, do the following:
- Using the Developer Web Client, verify that the user has been assigned the correct responsibilities.
- Query for the view or applet in the Administration-Personalization screen. Verify the conditional expression is correct. At Siebel 7.7 primary user role was replaced by primary user responsibility. See Upgrade Planning for Siebel Personalization.
- In Siebel Tools, verify that the screen view and its parents have the
Display In Site Map property, and the
Display In Page property set to TRUE.
- Verify that the screen view and its parents have the Viewbar Text and Menu Text properties filled in.
- If an applet does not display all the fields or controls after upgrade, check in Siebel Tools for a Web template of the same name, but appended with
-Expanded and specify this Web template for the applet. These templates provide additional placeholders for mapping fields and controls.
- In Siebel 7.5, the
Business Address business component was replaced with the
CUT Address business component. If you are upgrading from a release prior to 7.5, you must modify all links to
Business Address applet so they point to
About the Postmerge Utilities Log
After the repository merge, you must run the postmerge utilities. These utilities do the following:
- Validate UI components to verify they were migrated correctly to the new repository.
- Modify UI objects to implement new UI features. For example, they modify form applets and multi-value group applets to conform to the UI standard introduced at Siebel 7.7
- Verify that customized UI objects are configured correctly.
The postmerge utilities log lists the actions performed by the postmerge utilities. The log contains the following types of messages:
- STATUS. These messages provide information on the specific things that the postmerge utilities did. No action is required, so you can ignore these messages.
- INFO. These messages provide information on the specific things that the postmerge utilities did. No action is required, so you can ignore these messages.
- WARNING. These messages provide information on UI objects that may be incorrectly configured, so you should review them.
- ERROR. These messages indicate that a problem has been found that must be corrected.
The postmerge utilities log is located here:
SIEBEL_TOOLS_INSTALL_DIR is the directory where Siebel Tools is installed.