Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Postupgrade Tasks for Siebel Applications >
Reviewing Siebel Marketing Campaign Data
Upgrades from: Siebel 7.0.x and 7.5.x.
Environments: Development, production test, production.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, IBM z/OS.
This topic is part of an upgrade process. See How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade.
At Siebel 7.7, how marketing data is stored was changed. Some Siebel Marketing data is not automatically upgraded:
- Field values from the obsolete Campaign Occurrence header records (from S_SRC) are not merged to the surviving parent campaign. If you have important historical data that is stored on each campaign occurrence, export the list of obsolete campaign occurrence records from the database and determine which field values (if any) you need to apply to the parent campaigns.
- Exported Lists for campaign occurrences are not re-parented to campaign plans. They remain in the obsolete table S_DD_LST_DISTR.
- Campaign expense records (S_SRC_COST) for campaign occurrences are not migrated. This is to prevent campaign expenses from being double-counted after the campaign plan and any campaigns (occurrences) are merged.
During the upgrade, campaign plans and campaigns are merged. This may cause some data to appear double-counted due to re-parenting of similar objects to the same campaign:
- Program and Campaign Activities. If Activities are associated to the campaign plan as well as the campaign (occurrence), similar activities may appear twice in the upgraded campaign.
- Campaign Contacts. A contact (or prospect) may appear in the same campaign more than once if the campaign member was targeted in multiple occurrences of the same campaign plan. After upgrade, this campaign member will appear in more than one campaign load for the same campaign.
Upgrade Planning for Siebel Marketing