Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Postupgrade Tasks for Siebel Applications >
Reviewing Siebel Address Data
- From Siebel Financial Services 7.0.x to Siebel Industry Applications (SIA) 8.0.x
- From Siebel Business Applications 8.0.x to Siebel SIA 8.0.x
- From Siebel Financial Services 6.2.1 on IBM z/OS platforms to Siebel SIA 8.0.x on IBM z/OS platforms
NOTE: This topic does not apply to Siebel Business Applications (HOR) that you are upgrading to a later release of Siebel Business Applications (HOR).
Environments: Production test, production.
Databases: All databases.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, IBM z/OS.
This topic is part of an upgrade process. See How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade.
The way address data is stored changed in Siebel 7.7. The upgrade migrated data from the table S_ADDR_ORG to S_ADDR_PER. The upgrade uses the following method for preserving address data:
- If multiple records have the same value for ADDR_NAME within or across S_ADDR_ORG and S_ADDR_PER, the upgrade process preserves ADDR_NAME for one of the records and appends the ROW_ID to ADDR_NAME in the others.
- The upgrade process truncates the value of ADDR_NAME to fit the size of the column.
- The upgrade generates a report listing the records with a duplicate ADDR_NAME within and across S_ADDR_ORG and S_ADDR_PER.
After the upgrade completes, review this report and edit or delete records from S_ADDR_PER as desired.
NOTE: This report is also generated for Siebel 7.0.x Siebel Industry Solutions upgrades to Siebel 7.7 Siebel Industry Applications. Ignore this report for these upgrades.
To review address records after upgrade
- Review the report generated by the upgrade:
- Use the report to identify records that are duplicates.
- Use the application or EIM to delete or revise records as needed.
Upgrade Planning for Migrating Siebel Address Data