Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Postupgrade Tasks for Siebel Applications >
Verifying Aggregate Discounts in Siebel Pricer
Upgrades from: Siebel 7.0.x, 7.5.x, and 7.7.x.
Environments: Development, production test, production.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, IBM z/OS.
This topic is part of an upgrade process. See How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade.
At Siebel 7.8, the aggregate discounts feature replaces bundle factors in Siebel Pricer. The bundle factor definitions are upgraded to aggregate discounts, and the sequencing of bundle factors are upgraded to aggregate discount sequences.
The name of the aggregate discount in Pricer will be set to bundle factor name + row ID of the record. This is because Pricer requires the aggregate discount name to be unique.
Sequencing of bundle factors within a pricing model is upgraded to aggregate discount sequencing. The name of the aggregate discount sequence is set to the pricing model name that contained the bundle factors.
The Price List and Price List Item will be stamped with the appropriate aggregate discount sequence name. In prior releases, the pricing model was specified at the Price List or, for customized products, at the Price List Line Item level. This ensured execution of the bundle factors at runtime.
At Siebel 7.8, the execution of aggregate discounts at runtime requires the association of the aggregate discount sequences at the Price List or Price List Line Item level.
The upgrade process makes the following assumptions about Pricer implementations prior to Siebel 7.8:
- Flowcharts were used to chain up bundle factors in the pricing model
- The bundle factor with the lowest sequence is connected to the "Aggregate Start" step
- Each Aggregate Start sequence contains only bundle factors and does not contain aggregate factors
- The next factor in the flowchart (when True or False) always has a larger sequence number.
If your implementation does not meet all the above criteria, the upgrade process moves the definitions to the appropriate Pricer entities (such as aggregate discounts), but the sequences will not be correct.
In such cases, you must manually verify that aggregate discount sequences chain up the aggregate discounts as intended. Use the sequence of execution that existed prior to the upgrade.
To verify upgrade to aggregate discounts
- Launch Siebel Sales.
- Navigate to Administration - Pricing > Aggregate Discount Sequences.
- For each aggregate discount sequence, drill down to the detail view.
- Locate the aggregate discount that corresponds to the first pre-upgrade bundle factor. Verify that it has the lowest sequence number. If not, revise the numbers in the Sequence, Next Discount If Used, and Next Discount If Not Used columns.
- Verify that the numbers in the Next Discount If Used and Next Discount If Not Used columns are greater than the number in the Sequence column. Also verify that they point to the expected aggregate discounts. If not, revise the numbers in all three columns as required.