Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Postupgrade Tasks for the Siebel Database and File System >
Verifying an Upgraded Oracle RDBMS After a Siebel Upgrade
Upgrades from: All Supported Siebel releases.
Environments: Development, production test, production.
Databases: Oracle only.
This topic is part of an upgrade process. See How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade.
You can upgrade your RDBMS before or after upgrading to the current Siebel release.
If you upgrade your Oracle RDBMS after upgrading to the current Siebel release, you must run the Siebel ddlimp utility to verify the schema layout of the upgraded database.
This also converts the Siebel Database to character-based length for char and varchar data. For additional information about the following procedure, see 477966.1 (Doc ID) OracleMetalink 3.
To verify the upgraded Oracle RDBMS
- On the Siebel Server where the Siebel Database Server files are installed, navigate to the following location:
UNIX: $SIEBEL ROOT/bin
- Run the following command:
/schema.ddl /t y /i n /e n /B
/R Y /l
- TableOwner is the Siebel table owner name, also called the schema qualifier name.
- TablePassword is the Siebel table owner password.
- ODBCDataSource is the ODBC name for connecting to the database. Enclose the name in quotes.
- DBSRVR_ROOT is the absolute path to the Siebel Database Server installation directory.
- DatabasePlatform is the Siebel Database Server directory for the Oracle Database.
- Tablespace is the Oracle tablespace name for the Siebel Database.
- IndexSpace is the Oracle index space name for Siebel Database.
- SiebelLogdir is the path to the directory where you want the output log placed (log output directory).
- After the command completes, review the output log files for errors. If the log indicates there are errors, create a service request (SR) on OracleMetalink 3. Alternatively, you can phone Global Customer Support directly to create a service request or get a status update on your current SR. Support phone numbers remain the same and are listed on OracleMetalink 3.