Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Basic Database Preparations for a Siebel Upgrade >
Preparing Siebel Custom Indexes for Upgrade
Upgrades from: All Supported Siebel releases.
Environments: Development, production test, production.
Databases: All databases.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, IBM z/OS.
This topic is part of an upgrade process. See How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade.
Consider the following guidelines when preparing custom indexes for upgrade:
- Custom indexes against extension columns on obsolete tables. If you have created custom indexes that use extension columns on obsolete tables, you must migrate the data to new extension columns before upgrading the Siebel Database. For assistance, create a service request (SR) on OracleMetalink 3, or contact your Oracle sales representative for Oracle Advanced Customer Services to request assistance from Oracle's Application Expert Services.
- Custom indexes that were not defined through Siebel Tools. Custom indexes created without using Siebel Tools are not included in the schema definition in the Siebel Repository. These indexes are dropped during the database upgrade. To preserve these indexes, add them to the Siebel Repository using Siebel Tools.
- Custom indexes on interface tables. Custom indexes on interface tables are not re-created during the upgrade. You must re-create them after the upgrade is complete.
- Custom indexes on base tables. The Siebel 7.x upgrade automatically removes and re-creates custom indexes on base tables.
- Custom indexes may need to be changed to reflect schema changes. Reevaluate custom indexes for applicability in the new release. They may no longer be needed due to schema changes in the new release.
For more information about custom indexes, see Configuring Siebel Business Applications. For information on schema changes in a release, see Siebel Data Model Reference.