Siebel eSales Administration Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Siebel eSales for Financial Services >
About the Tools Screen
The Siebel eSales for Financial Services Web site includes a Tools screen. Customers can use the Tools screen to obtain financial planning advice, perform financial planning calculations, and learn about products that might be useful to them.
Intentions eAdvisor, Life Events eAdvisor, and Special Offers Applets
The Intentions eAdvisor, Life Events eAdvisor, and Special Offers applets include hyperlinks that invoke marketing campaign Web offers. When the customer clicks a hyperlink, the system checks to see whether the offer has a SmartScript associated with it and, if so, invokes the SmartScript. If there is no associated SmartScript, a Web offer template will be displayed. You are required to associate either a SmartScript or a Web offer template with a hyperlink in these applets.
Viewing a List of Web Offers
You can view a list of the Web offers in the standard, out-of-the-box application that can be invoked from these applets.
To view a list of Web offers
- Navigate to the Campaign Administration > Campaigns screen.
- In the Campaigns list, select the FINSeSales Promotions record.
NOTE: Marketing administrators at your company will use different names when they create campaign records.
- Click the Offers view tab.
This displays a list of offers (see Figure 2).
The value in the Type field determines which of the three applets the offer appears in. Use the following applet descriptions to help decide where to place your Web offers:
- Intentions eAdvisor. Use this applet to help customers choose products that are relevant to changes they may be planning, such as retirement and relocation.
- Life Events eAdvisor. Use this applet to help customers to choose products that are relevant to major life events, such as having a baby, marriage, and graduation.
- Special Offers. Use this applet to display special offers.
Product eAdvisor Applet
The Product eAdvisor applet also includes hyperlinks that invoke SmartScripts, but these are unrelated to marketing campaigns. Use this applet to help customers choose a specific product when they already know what type of product they are interested in.
Viewing a List of Product eAdvisor SmartScripts
You can view a list of Product eAdvisor SmartScripts that are available for use in the Web site Tools screen (see Figure 3).
To view a list of Product eAdvisor SmartScripts
- Navigate to the SmartScript Administration > Scripts screen.
Product Advisor Smartscripts that are also flagged as active are visible in the Product eAdvisor applet on the Tools screen.
Mortgage eAdvisor Applet
Hyperlinks in the Mortgage eAdvisor applet link to mortgage calculators that allow customers to perform various financial calculations.