Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide > Planning Workflow Processes > Considering Business Objects and Business Services When Planning Workflow Processes >
Enabling a Business Service for Workflow Processes
Siebel provides a number of predefined business services. (See Predefined Business Services for a list of these services.) You can also define your own custom business services using Siebel Tools or the Administration - Business Service view in the Siebel client.
To be displayed in a Siebel Workflow picklist, the Hidden flag for the business service must be set to FALSE. Additionally, you must set the Hidden flag for the associated business service methods and method arguments.
NOTE: By default, business services defined in the Siebel client are not hidden. Also note that business services, business service methods, and business service method arguments all have a Display Name property. The value of this property is the value that appears in the picklists on the workflow administration views.
To enable business services for Workflow
- In Siebel Tools, from the Object Explorer applet, select the business service object.
This action displays a list of defined business services.
- Select the business service you want to modify.
- In the Properties applet, change the Hidden field to FALSE.
- In the Object Explorer applet, select the business service method under the business service.
- Select the method you want to modify and change the Hidden field to FALSE in the properties applet.
- Repeat Step 5 for each method, if applicable.
- In the Object Explorer applet, select the method argument under the business service method.
- Select the argument you want to modify and change the Hidden field to FALSE in the Properties applet.
- Repeat Step 8 for each method argument, if applicable.