Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide > Workflow Policies > About Creating Workflow Policies >
Example of a Workflow Policy Action: Creating a Send Message Broadcast Action
In this example, a service department wants to automate its notification policy for open service requests when open requests for one agent reach at least 20.
To create a Message Broadcast Action for open service requests
- In the Workflow Policies Actions view, fill in the Actions applet fields.
- Create a new record in the Actions applet and enter the name of the action:
Alert Agent of Open SRs
- Select a predefined workflow policy program from the Program field picklist:
Send SR Message Broadcast
- Select a predefined workflow policy object from the Workflow Object field picklist:
- Complete the Send Message Broadcast Arguments form using message arguments and typing in static text.
- Enter text in Abstract:
You have over 20 Service Requests.
- Enter text in Message Template:
You have over 20 service requests. Please review your
service request queue.
- Fill in the Recipients applet.
- Select a predefined Recipient Type from the Recipient Type field picklist:
Send to Relative
- Select the Recipient Name from the Recipient Name picklist: