Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide > Workflow Policies > About Creating Workflow Policies >
Creating Workflow Policy Groups
Workflow policy groups provide a means of identifying policies having similar system requirements. By grouping policies you can optimize your system, balance system loads, and provide scalability. All workflow policies must be assigned to a workflow policy group.
You create groups for workflow policies in the Workflow Policies Groups view. The Workflow Policies Groups view has two applets:
- Workflow Groups applet. Allows you to create new policy groups and to view and select previously existing policy groups. Specifying a workflow policy group determines the monitoring cycle for a workflow policy. Each policy group should contain policies that need to be monitored within similar time intervals. See About the Workflow Groups Applet.
- Policies applet. Lists the workflow policies assigned to the selected group. See About the Workflow Policies Applet.
To create a policy group
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Business Process > Policy Groups.
- From the applet drop-down menu in the Policy Groups applet, select New Record and enter the name for the group.
- (Optional) Enter comments in the Comments field.