Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide > For Developers: Understanding How Workflow Processes Are Designed > Invoking Workflow Processes >
Running a Workflow Process in Batch Mode
Workflow processes can be run in batch mode by running the Workflow Process Batch Manager server component. Executing a process in batch allows you to execute the actions in a workflow process for multiple records. When you are running a process in batch, you may want to specify a search specification to limit the number of records that are evaluated.
NOTE: Only 7.0 workflow processes and service workflow processes should be run in batch mode.
Workflow Process Batch Manager takes the parameter SearchSpec, then executes the search specification on the primary business component of the process business object. For each fetched record, the Workflow Process Batch Manager invokes the workflow process and sets the Object ID process property as the current active row.
Table 16. Workflow Process Batch Manager Parameters
Workflow Process Name
Required. Name of the workflow process definition to execute.
Search specification that identifies the work items to process.
Scheduling a Batch Workflow
You can set up a batch workflow to run a workflow process at specified intervals, for example, 7 A.M. every Monday. You do this by setting up a component request.
To set up a component request to schedule a batch workflow
- From the application-level menu in the run-time client, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Server Configuration > Enterprises > Component Definitions.
- In the Component Request form, click New.
- In the Component/Job field, click the selection button. The Component/Jobs dialog box appears.
- Select Workflow Process Batch Manager.
- In the Component Request Parameters form applet, click New.
- In the Name field, click the selection button, then select Workflow Process Name from the dialog box.
- In the Value field, type in the name of the workflow process to execute.
- Click New to add another parameter.
- In the Name field, click the selection button.
- Select Search Specification.
In the Value field, provide a search specification.