Siebel Connector for SAP R/3 > Customizing Integrations > Building the Interfaces >
Creating BAPI/RFC Integration Objects
For a single BAPI/RFC interface, you must create two integration objects: one for the inbound call to the BAPI/RFC and one for the outbound return from the BAPI/RFC.
NOTE: For transactional RFCs, only one integration object is necessary, as this is always an inbound call only.
To capture inbound calls
- Start Siebel Tools.
- Make sure that you have a project checked out into which you can add the new integration object.
- Click New or File > New Object.
The New Object Wizards window opens.
- Click the EAI tab.
- Select the Integration Object icon and click OK.
- From the top drop-down list, choose the project into which you want to add the integration object.
- From the second drop-down list, choose the name of the wizard used to create the type of integration object you want.
- For inbound calls, choose EAI SAP BAPI Input Wizard.
- For outbound calls, choose EAI SAP BAPI Output Wizard.
- Click Next.
- From the drop-down list, choose an SAP Object.
A default name for the integration object appears in the name field.
- Edit the name to customize it for your use.
The second page of the wizard appears.
- Click Next.
Siebel Tools prompts you to continue.
- Click OK.
Siebel Tools connects to SAP and retrieves the metadata for the SAP object requested.
NOTE: For this connection to take place, you must have added connection information to your
saprfc.ini file and to your
tools.cfg file as described in Modifying SAP Configuration Files and Modifying Siebel Configuration Files.
The wizard displays a hierarchical display of the structure of the BAPI/RFC you have captured from SAP.
- If you do not intend to use a component, clear its check box. Components are captured only if they are not disabled at this point. Capture all components and then disable those you do not currently use by setting the Inactive flag on the corresponding components.
The following figure shows a hierarchical list of components. The list shown has Import Parameters, and has SALES_ORDERS one level below.
- Click Finish to create the integration object in the Siebel repository.
- To view the integration object, select the Integration Objects in the Navigation window in Siebel Tools.
NOTE: For more information on the structure of BAPI/RFC Integration Objects, read BAPI Interfaces.