Siebel Connector for SAP R/3 > Customizing Integrations > Building the Interfaces >
Adding the Siebel Adapter
Many workflows between Siebel applications and SAP start or end with the Siebel Adapter. The Siebel Adapter interfaces to the Siebel database through a business object. You need to add a Siebel Adapter business service box to your workflow diagram each time you want to interface to Siebel applications.
To add a Siebel Adapter business service
- Add a business service step to your workflow.
For specific instructions about how to modify workflows, see Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide.
- Use connector arrows to link the box into your flow.
- Set the following information for your business service step:
- Enter the name of the business service workflow step.
- Select EAI Siebel Adapter as the business service for this step.
- Select a method for the EAI Siebel Adapter.
- Enter input and output arguments.
- If you are querying the Siebel database for an object, you output a Siebel integration object instance in the form of a SiebelMessage.
- If you are updating the Siebel database, you input a Siebel integration object instance in the form of a SiebelMessage.
For more information on using the Siebel Adapter, read Transports and Interfaces: Siebel eBusiness Application Integration Volume III. Refer to workflows provided for the SAP standard integrations for examples.