Siebel Connector for SAP R/3 > Upgrading from v6.x to v7.x >
The structure of IDOC integration objects are different in Siebel 6.x and Siebel 7.x. The following section explains how to upgrade a Siebel 6.x IDOC integration object.
To upgrade IDOC integration objects
- Lock the project containing your IDOC integration object.
- Temporarily rename your current IDOC integration object.
For example, if you have an IDOC integration object based on DEBMAS02 with the name Customer IDOC Integration Object, change the name of your integration object to something else, such as Customer IDOC Integration Object (old).
- Using the EAI SAP IDOC Adapter Wizard, create a new IDOC integration object with the original name of your old IDOC integration object.
Continuing with the example in Step 2, capture a DEBMAS02 IDOC from SAP using the new wizard and name this Customer IDOC Integration Object. This new integration object will contain control and data record fields as well as the user properties ALEVersion and Workflow that do not exist in 6.x integration objects.
- If you are sending IDOC Integration Objects to SAP, make sure that the setting of the ALEVersion user property in your new integration object is consistent with the ALE interface you want to use in SAP.
If you are using SAP Version 3.1, ALEVersion must be set to 3X. If you are using SAP Version 4.0 or higher you may use 3X or 4X, although 4X is preferred.
- If you normally receive this IDOC from SAP, enter in the Workflow user property of the IDOC integration object the name of the workflow process that you would like to be invoked when this IDOC is received by the Siebel application.
- If you intend to receive the IDOC from SAP, add the name of the integration object to a user property of the type SAPIdocAllowedObjectnn in the business service definition of the EAI SAP IDOC Workflow Processor.
This registers your integration object in the Siebel application.
- In Siebel Tools, lock the SAP Business Services project.
- Navigate to the Business Service definition for the EAI SAP IDOC Workflow Processor.
- Select User Properties for this business service.
- Add a new User Property record with the name SAPIdocAllowedObjectnn, where nn is a number sequentially one more than the highest existing number (for example, if the highest number is 05, then add SAPIdocAllowedObjects06).
- Set the value of the user property to the name of the integration object you are using.
- Recompile the new IDOC integration object and the SAP Business Services project into your .srf file.
- Copy the .srf file as needed for use by the server and client applications.