Siebel Connector for SAP R/3 > Upgrading from v6.x to v7.x >
If you are sending IDOCs to SAP, the service that you invoke to send the IDOC to SAP is different. The service for 6.x was EAI SAP IDOC RFC Adapter; the service for Siebel 7 is
EAI SAP IDOC Adapter.
If you are receiving IDOCs from SAP, you do not need to modify your workflow.
To switch to the new service safely
- Revise your workflow using Siebel Tools.
For more information on modifying workflows in Tools, see Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide.
NOTE: You may want to make a backup copy of your workflow before making the changes.
- Determine which business service box on your workflow corresponds to the EAI SAP IDOC RFC Adapter (the 6.x business service).
You will be creating a new business service to replace this one.
- View the input arguments of your existing business service.
- Make note of how these are used because you will need to add them to the new business service.
- Create a new business service box on your diagram in the vicinity of the old business service.
- View the input arguments for this business service.
- Define the input and output method arguments in the new service as they were defined in your old service. These have not changed.
- Modify the flow of the workflow diagram to use the new service you have created.
- Test your workflow using the workflow simulator. Follow the suggestions for testing in Testing the Interface.