Overview: Siebel eBusiness Application Integration Volume l > Overview of Siebel eAI >
About Siebel eAI
Siebel eAI provides components for integrating Siebel eBusiness Applications with external applications and technologies within your company and is designed to work with third-party solutions such as those from IBM, TIBCO, Vitria, SeeBeyond, webMethods, and others.
Siebel eAI provides bidirectional real-time and batch solutions for integrating Siebel applications with other applications as well as the tools for cross application integration through UAN.
Siebel eAI is designed as a set of interfaces that interact with each other and with other components within Siebel application. These interfaces:
- Allow a flexible service-based architecture, built on top of configurable messages using XML and other formats.
- Are compatible with IBM MQSeries; Microsoft MSMQ, BizTalk, and OLE DB; Sun Microsystems Java and J2EE; XML, and HTTP, and many other standards.
- Expose internal Siebel Objects to external applications.
- Take advantage of prebuilt adapters and enterprise connectors, and are compatible with third-party adapters and connectors.
- Allow for data transformation.
- Integrate external data through Virtual Business Components (VBCs) and External Business Components (EBCs).
- Provide a graphical business process designer, programmatic interfaces, and a high-volume batch interface.