Siebel Employee Relationship Management Administration Guide > Setting Up Competency Management >
Process of Setting Up Competency Management
The following section describes a process an administrator might follow to set up competency management. Your company may follow a different process according to its business requirements.
To set up competency management, perform the following procedures:
- Creating Competency Categories. Set up categories to logically group related skills.
- Creating and Modifying a Skill. Create new skills and edit existing skills to meet requirements.
- Creating Job Profiles. Define job profiles that outline the purpose, responsibilities, and requirements of a specific job.
- Associating Competencies with a Job Profile. Associate the job profile with the specific skills required for that job.
- Creating Career Path Options for a Job Profile. Link job profiles to create career paths.
- Syncing Required Skills for Employee Competency. Transfer required skills to an employee.