Siebel Employee Relationship Management Administration Guide > Setting Up Employee Self-Service >
Linking Self-Service Forms to the Inbox
To route an employee self-service form to the Inbox, the form and the inbox must be linked. Figure 15 shows the business process used when linking the form and the Inbox.
Figure 15. Linking Employee Self-Service Form to Inbox
As an administrator, you can create an approval type to link a form to the inbox. After the approval type is configured, you can reference the approval type name within the employee self-service requestor form. For information about creating an approval type, see Applications Administration Guide.
NOTE: The following procedure is required only for new Employee Self-Service forms, not for preconfigured forms. For more information on creating an Employee Self-Service form, see Designing Employee Self-Service Requestor Forms.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Employee Self-Service.
To link employee self-service forms to the Inbox
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - SmartScript > Scripts.
- In the Scripts list, select the Employee Self-Service form (SmartScript) you want to link to the Inbox.
- Click the Programs view tab, and in the Programs list, add a new record and complete the fields.
- In Name field, select Script_Finish from the drop-down list.
- In the Program Language field, select eScript from the drop-down list, and then click Save.
- In the eScript form, enter the script as shown in Example eScript for Requestor Form.
NOTE: The eScript form appears at the bottom of the screen. You may need to scroll down to see the entire form.
- In the Script field, change the indata.SetProperty ("ItemType", "") parameters as needed.
The second parameter of the function should equal the name of the appropriate Inbox type. For example:
// Approvals Inbox Administration screen
indata.SetProperty ("ItemType", "PAFChange");
NOTE: For more information on Inbox types, see Applications Administration Guide.
- Click Check Syntax to locate syntax issues.
- Save the program record.