Siebel Employee Relationship Management Administration Guide > Setting Up an Application Services Interface >
Synchronizing ERM and Third-Party Employee Data
After ASI setup is completed, you can synchronize ERM data files with employee data from a third-party Human Resources Management system (HRMS).
This task is a step in Process for Setting Up an Application Services Interface.
To synchronize employee data with a third-party application
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - User > Employees.
- In the Employee list, query to find the record you want to update.
You can edit the record before you update the external system. The changes you make are updated in both systems after synchronization.
- Click the menu button and choose Update External System.
TIP: Choose Update All to External System if you have made changes to several records. Update All synchronizes the changes on multiple records at one time. Depending on the profile of the user and the expected system load, administrators can restrict access to Update All External Systems by controlling the visibility on the menu option.
Synchronizing Position Data
As an administrator, you can synchronize position data with your HRMS.
To synchronize position data with a third-party application
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Group > Positions.
- Using the Explorer and the Position list, locate the record and update the information.
NOTE: You can edit some fields in the record before you synchronize. The changes you make are updated in both systems.
- In the Position Entry form, click the menu button and then choose Update External System.