Siebel Events Management Guide > Defining an Event > Administrator Setup Procedures for Defining an Event >
Many Events Management forms and lists contain fields that depend upon existing account data entered in the Accounts screen. An account represents the relationship between your company and the companies or individuals with whom you conduct business. Data entry in Events Management can proceed more smoothly if you have already entered account data for event vendors, partners, supporting organizations, and employing organizations of potential event invitees.
Before adding account data, identify the relationships for which you need to create accounts. Then use the following procedure to enter account data for each relationship.
To enter account data
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Accounts.
- Before adding a new account, search the accounts list to make sure the account does not already exist.
- If the account does not exist, in the Add Section complete the fields for the new account and click Add.
- In the Recent Records section, drill down on the account name.
- Click the More Info view tab, click the show more button and complete additional fields as needed.
As you gain additional information, or as account details evolve or change, you can update the account information. For more information, including details about adding an account, specifying account details including addresses, and handling company name changes, see Applications Administration Guide.