Siebel Events Management Guide > Installing and Configuring Events Management >
Configuring Automatic Email Notification
Siebel Events Management is designed to send the following kinds of email messages:
- Invitations to events
- Confirmation messages when registrations for events are completed successfully
- Notification messages that events have no remaining seats open, but that the email recipients have been placed on waiting lists for any cancellations
- Notification of cancellations
In order for these messages to be sent automatically, Siebel Events Management must be configured to work with Siebel Workflow Designer and Siebel Communications Server. The general process for setting up automatic email notification for Events Management is described below. For more detailed information about creating communications profiles, restarting servers, and working with workflow policies and processes, see Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide, Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide. Finance customers, see Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide for Financial Services.
Note that this process depends upon a correct email address being included in the Contact information for each person registered.
NOTE: This procedure assumes that you have already activated the Siebel eSales workflow processes needed for proper operation of the Shopping Cart.
To set up automatic email notification
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Business Process > Workflow Policies and set an Activation Date and Expiration Date for each of the following policies:
- Events Event Confirmation Email
- Events Event Invitation Email
- Events Event Waitlisted Email
NOTE: For each Activation Date value, use a date that is earlier than the current date. Use an Expiration Date that is later than the current date.
- From the link bar, choose Workflow Processes and activate the following processes:
- Event Confirmation Email (Events)
- Event Waitlisted Email (Events)
- Event Invitation Email (Events)
- Event Cancellation Email (Events)
- Send Order Accepted Email (eSales)
- Restart your Siebel Server and Siebel Gateway Name Server.
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Communications > Communications Drivers and Profiles, and then set up a profile for a supported email server, including appropriate specifications for Profile Parameter Overrides.
For an Internet SMTP/POP3 mail server parameter overrides should include entries for any or all of the following parameters:
- From Address
- POP3 Account Name
- POP3 Account Password
- POP3 Server
- SMTP Server
- POP3 Server Port
- SMTP Server Port
- For each of the following templates, navigate to the Administration - Communications screen. Click All Templates, select the template, click the Advanced view tab, and use the Delivery Profile field to specify the profile you created in Step 4.
- Event Confirmation Email Package (Events)
- Event Waitlisted Email Package (Events)
- Event Invitation Email Package (Events)
- Order Accepted Email Package (eSales)
- For each of the templates in Step 5, specify any needed changes to the text that will appear in your email notifications.
- For the Events templates, make any needed text changes in the Template Text field on the Advanced form.
- For the eSales template, click the Template Items view tab, and make the changes in the list that appears.
- Make sure the Outbound Communications Manager component has been started.
- Start the Generate Triggers server task.
- Start the Workflow Monitor Agent server task for Events Group.
After email notification is properly configured, your Siebel application generates automatic email messages when event registration records have a registration status of Invited, Confirmed, or Waitlisted. Automatic email messages are not generated for session registration records. For more information about registration, including procedures for inviting and registering event attendees, see Registering for an Event.