Siebel Sales Handheld Guide > Working with Siebel Handheld Applications > Synchronizing Data on the Siebel Handheld Device >
Synchronizing the Handheld Client for Companion Sync Users
When you synchronize, you have the option of either doing an Integrated Sync or Companion Sync. To do an Integrated Sync, select Perform Remote Sync when the Siebel Handheld Sync dialog box appears.
NOTE: You must close your Siebel Handheld application before synchronizing your application.
To perform Companion Sync
- From the companion PC, establish a Microsoft ActiveSync connection to the handheld device.
- From the device, verify that the Siebel Handheld application is closed.
NOTE: On the Pocket PC 2003 operating system, the Minimize button (the button with the "X" in the top right corner of the application) minimizes but does not close the application. To close out the Handheld application in preparation for synchronization, you must use the File > Exit command.
- From the companion PC, choose Start > Programs > Siebel Handheld Sync.
The Siebel Handheld Sync dialog box appears.
- Enter your user name and password.
- By default, Perform Remote Sync is selected. To perform an Integrated Sync, accept the default setting.
If you want to do Companion Sync only, then unselect the Perform Remote Sync box.
Selecting Bypass Set Filters skips the step of selecting the filters and immediately starts the synchronization process. If you select Bypass Set Filters, then the filters that you selected the last time you synchronized are used. If this is the first time you are synchronizing, then the default filters are used.
- Tap Login.
- Tap Set Filters.
The Filters dialog box appears.
- From the Filter list box, select the screen for which you want to choose a filter.
- From the Choose drop-down box, select the filter you want to associate with the screen you selected in Step 6.
NOTE: Tap Default Filters to restore the filter selection to the default setting.
- Tap OK and tap Start to begin synchronization.
- The Siebel Handheld Sync dialog box appears. If "Perform Remote Sync" was selected, this is followed by the Siebel Remote dialog box. When synchronization has successfully completed, the Finished dialog box appears.
- If a handheld patch needs to be installed, the synchronization process is interrupted and the patch is installed. After the patch is installed, you must restart Siebel Handheld Sync to complete the data extract process. If you fail to do this, you cannot start your application.
- The Finished dialog box appears indicating that the synchronization has successfully completed.
- Tap OK to exit Siebel Handheld Sync.
NOTE: If synchronization errors occur, an error dialog box appears.