Implementing Siebel eBusiness Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390 > Customizing a Development Environment > Applying Schema Extensions to the Target Database >
Preparing the Target Database
Your DBA must complete the following actions before migrating the changes to the target database:
- Prepare the storage control file (for example, my_storage_file.ctl).
NOTE: If you have created any new extension tables, your DBA must edit the storage control file to specify in which database and table spaces the new extension tables should reside.
- Ask all mobile users to synchronize.
- Make sure all connected clients are disconnected from the Siebel Database Server.
- Once all mobile user transactions have been merged and routed, stop the Siebel Enterprise Server.
- Perform a full backup of the database.
NOTE: If you are changing the data type or length of custom extension columns that already have data in the target database, you must export that data before making the schema changes. After making the changes, import the data back into the target database.