Implementing Siebel eBusiness Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390 > Installing the Siebel Database Server Files at Midtier >
Preinstallation Tasks for the Siebel Database Server
Before installing the Siebel Database Server, make sure that you have the following resources available to you for installation:
- Your system administrator (SYSADM) and database administrator (DBA) have already set up your DB2 subsystem as a precondition for installing your database server.
- The SYSADM has already created storage groups and activated and granted use of buffer pools in preparation for installation.
- A security administrator (or someone with a logon that can create user IDs and security groups) is available to support your installation.
- A database user (for example, SADMIN) with DBA/CREATEDBA authority exists. This person must also have TSO logon capability for the manual installation process.
- The Database Owner is a valid authorization ID.
- If you have not already done so, make a copy of the Deployment Planning Worksheet, located in Deployment Planning Worksheet fill it out, and distribute copies to the entire installation team.
To prepare for the Siebel Schema installation
- Confirm that you have DB2 V7 installed and that you have run the DB2 Installation Verification Program (IVP).
- Follow the applicable instructions regarding setting up your DB2 Subsystem, as described in Preparing for Implementation on the DB2 Host. This chapter includes installation requirements such as APARs, DB2 work files, disk space, buffer pools, and storage groups.
- Install DB2 Connect, as described in Preparing for Implementation on the DB2 Host and test ODBC connectivity between the machine on which the Siebel Server will reside and DB2.
- Review the Siebel Installation Guide for the operating system you are using. Install the Siebel Gateway Name Server, the Siebel Enterprise Server, and the Siebel Server software in a base language and any additional languages your enterprise requires.
- Designate a Siebel Server to act as a client to DB2.
This server is where you will locate the Siebel Database Server directory.
NOTE: Verify that all the Siebel-supported languages you need are installed on the DB2-client Siebel Server. Otherwise, the installation program will not recognize the additional languages when you add them to the Siebel Schema.
- (Optional) Install Microsoft Excel on the client machine to allow use of the Siebel Database Configurator tool.