Implementing Siebel eBusiness Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390 > Siebel Schema Installation on the DB2 Host >
Installing the Siebel Schema
When you choose Install a new Siebel database from the Options menu of the Siebel Software Configuration Utility, the program:
- Creates Siebel tables and indexes in a specified database storage layout
- Installs Siebel triggers (optional) and views
- Installs Siebel seed data specific to your database
If you are installing to multiple environments, you must repeat the installation of database server components for each environment.
Siebel Schema creation is performed using one of two modes—standard or customized. Each mode also allows you to submit DDL automatically against the DB2 host or to apply it manually.
- Standard Install. If you are performing a standard installation, you perform all installation tasks using the Siebel Software Configuration Utility—DB Server Configuration wizard. This will create a Siebel out-of-the-box database layout.
- Customized Install. If you are performing a custom installation, you will need to provide a storage control file, which was created and validated prior to performing this installation. This will allow you to create a custom database layout, best suited to your Siebel deployment.
NOTE: The Upgrade Wizard is a Siebel utility that is used for database server installation, upgrade, and database manipulations. The utility is launched by the Configure DB Server wizard. In Windows, the Siebel Upgrade Wizard is designated as
siebupg.exe. In UNIX, it is designated as
Installing a New Database Language
Each time you install a new database language, you must reinstall the Siebel Database Server components by launching the Database Server configuration wizard and choosing Siebel Database Server Options > Install > Add a language to existing database.
CAUTION: If you add a new language after you have completed your initial installation with your initial set of languages, when the configuration utility launches, leave the Gateway Name Server Address and Enterprise Server Name fields blank. If you enter values in these fields, an error will occur.