Siebel Marketing Installation and Administration Guide > Upgrade Guidelines for Siebel Marketing >
About Upgrading Siebel Marketing
There are several sources of upgrade information that you need to consult before you begin your upgrade of Marketing or Marketing Analytics.
- This chapter provides information about the following items to help you upgrade metadata and seed data that you used with a previous version of Siebel Marketing:
- Segmentation and list generation metadata
- User Responsibilities
- Deactivating obsolete workflow processes
- For Siebel Analytics upgrade information, see Siebel Analytics Installation and Configuration Guide, version 7.7.1 or later.
- For information about upgrading the Marketing application in the Siebel Enterprise, see the Upgrade Guide for the operating system you are using. The following are some of the topics discussed in the upgrade guide for Windows:
- Planning an upgrade
- Completing a database upgrade (postupgrade tasks)
- Obsolete data
- Obsolete business objects
- Obsolete views
- Fields that have been hidden
CAUTION: Following all upgrade instructions is critical to make sure that you do not lose your customized data.
This section contains the following guidelines for Marketing Analytics upgrade tasks: