Siebel Marketing Installation and Administration Guide > Designing Marketing Campaign Load Formats > Creating and Testing Campaign Load Formats >
Testing Campaign Load Formats
To verify that you have created a valid Campaign Load Format, it is recommended that you build a test campaign and test segment.
To test your campaign load mapping
- Verify that you have included the minimum required fields for each integration component.
For more information, see About Marketing Integration Objects.
- Confirm that the Campaign Load Format includes the required columns for all formats:
- Campaign Id
- Segment Id
- Load Number
- Batch Number
- Token Number
- Confirm that the parent integration component is mapped for every child component. For example, if you included Account Address fields, ensure that you also included Account Name and Location.
- Create a test segment using the Segment Designer. For the segment, go to the Advanced Options tab and change the Campaign Load List Format to use your new Campaign Load Format. Save the segment.
- Create a new campaign under the Campaigns screen tab.
- In the Design > Segments/Lists view for the Campaign, click Add Segment to choose your test segment.
- Select the menu on the upper form for the campaign and select 'Load Campaign'. In the dialog box, confirm the load time and click OK to submit.
- Navigate to the Execute > System Tasks view to monitor whether the Campaign Load task successfully completed. Investigate any error messages that appear in the Task Log.
- After the load completes successfully, validate that the data loaded matches the expected information.
- While your campaign is still selected, navigate to All Contacts/Prospects across Organizations and query for all the campaign members for that Load Number. If desired, export these rows to a file using the Export menu option.
- Go to Site Map > Administration - Marketing > Marketing Server Admin > Manage Marketing Jobs. Find the Marketing Job that you generated with the type WriteListFiles. Open the details link and find the network path to the file that was generated.
- Compare the contents of the file and the data that was loaded into your campaign to confirm that the data was complete and correct.
- Make any changes required to the Campaign Load Format using the List Format Designer. Be sure to save any changes to the Format.
- When completed, purge the load history by performing the following steps:
- From the Site Map, choose Campaigns and drill down on the campaign.
- In the Execute tab, click Suspend Wave.
NOTE: You need to suspend the waves in the load before you can purge a load.
- In the Execution Status view, click Purge Load, and then delete your test campaign.