Siebel Marketing Installation and Administration Guide > Installing and Administering Segmentation and List Generation >
Installation Guidelines for the Marketing Module
To install the segmentation and list generation (Marketing module), you install Siebel Analytics version 7.7.1 or later.
NOTE: In this guide, the term Marketing module refers to the module within the Siebel Analytics Web Server that supports segmentation and list generation.
During the installation, make sure that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Install Siebel Analytics, version 7.7.1 or later. This installation includes Analytics Server, Analytics Web Server, and the Marketing module. For installation instructions, see Siebel Analytics Installation and Configuration Guide.
- Use a set of Analytics license keys that allow access to the Marketing module capabilities. These license keys provide access to the following features in the Analytics Web Server:
- Segment Designer
- Segment Tree Designer
- List Format Designer
- To reduce the size of the installation disk space, you can choose the Custom install option and clear the check boxes for any of the optional components in the following list that you do not need for your installation:
- Analytics Server (Required)
- Siebel Analytics Administration Tool (Required)
- Siebel Analytics Job Manager (Required)
- Siebel Analytics Application Repository (Required)
- Siebel Analytics Clustering Manager (Optional)
- Siebel Analytics Scheduler (Optional for Marketing)
- Siebel Analytics Client (Optional)
- Siebel Analytics ODBC Driver (Required)
- Siebel Analytics Web (Required)
- Siebel Analytics Catalog Manager (Required)
- Data Warehouse (Optional)