Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Employee Use of Order Management >
Converting Quotes to Orders (End User)
After a customer agrees to the details of a quote, the employee end user can follow the procedure below to convert a quote into an order.
To convert a quote to an order
- Navigate to the Accounts screen, and in the Account list, drill down on the account name hyperlink.
The Customer Portal view appears.
- In the Quotes list, drill down on the desired Quote Number.
The Quote form appears, displaying details of the quote.
- Click the Orders view tab.
- On the Quote Header form, click Auto Order.
The quote is converted to an order and displayed in the Orders Line Items view.
The following Business Component fields are transferred from the quote to the order when the user click Sales Order. Some of these fields are not exposed in the UI:
- To Order. Account Id, Discount, Discount Amount, Discount Amount MRC, Discount Reason, Contact Id, Currency Code, Price List Id, Order Type, Quote Id, Billing Account Id, Service Account Id, Agreement Id.
- To Order Item. Base Price, Service Account Id, Asset Id, Service Id, Discount Amount, Discount Amount MRC, Discount Percent, Discount Percent MRC, Discount Source, Volume Discount Id, Volume Discount Item Id, Unit Price, MRC CxTotal, NRC CxTotal, Due Date, Agreement Id, Quantity Requested, Product Id, Action Code, List Price, Asset Integration Id, Billing Account Id.
- To Order Item Attribute. Name, Required, Sequence, Unit of Measure, Validation, Description, Action Code, Data Type, Value, Attribute Id, Display Name, Hidden, LOV Type, Read Only.