Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Customer Use of Order Management >
Processing an Order Checkout (End User)
When the user converts the shopping cart to an order, eSales does the following:
- Verifies that the user is logged in. If not, the user is required to register and log in.
- Verifies that a complete shipping address has been provided. If not, the user is required to enter or select a shipping address.
- Verifies that a payment method has been selected. If not, the user is required to enter credit card information, or select a billing or location purchase order.
- Computes taxes and shipping costs.
- Presents an order summary. The user can edit the shipping and payment details in the order (for example, assigning service IDs to items) summary before submitting the order.
This task uses the following workflows, which are described in Workflows to Process an Order Checkout:
To check out an order
- Navigate to the Shopping Cart.
- Verify that the shopping cart contains all the items you want to purchase. Also verify that customizable items are configured correctly.
- Click Check Out.
If the shopping cart contains items that will be shipped, the Shipping Information view appears for you to select the shipping address.
If you have not yet set up a payment method, the Payment Method view appears.
- In the Payment Method form, either enter a credit card and click Charge Me and Continue, or click Bill Me and Continue.
If you select the Bill Me option, you must enter a specific billing address.