Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Using Network Ordering > Process of Ordering New Networks >
Adding Nodes to a New Network
After creating a Quote record for a new network, a salesperson adds components of the network as line items of the quote. The salesperson must add a line item for each of the network's nodes. For example, if the network's nodes are ports, there must be a line item for each port.
It is quickest to add one line item with its quantity set to the number of nodes required for the network. Then configure that line item with the attributes and components that are applicable across all nodes. Then ungroup the item to create a separate line item for each node.
This task is a step in Process of Ordering New Networks.
To add nodes to a new network
- Select the Quote record that represents the network.
- Click the Line Items view tab.
- In the Line Items list, click Add Item.
- In the Pick Products dialog box:
- Select a product of the Network Element Type, Network Node.
For example, if you use Frame Relay as the network product, you will use Frame Relay Port as the network node product.
- As the quantity, enter the number of nodes in the network.
- Click OK.
One Line Item record is added to the quote.
- For this line item, enter the attributes that are common to all the nodes of the network:
- If this is a simple product, click the Attributes view tab and enter the attributes in the Attributes form.
- If this is a customizable product, click Customize and use Configurator to define the attributes.
- In the Line Items list, click Ungroup.
The line item is ungrouped, so there is a separate line item for each node in the network.
- Enter details for each node:
- In the Line Items list, select one of the node line items.
- Click the Network Line Detail view tab.
- In the Network Line Detail form, in the Node field, enter the name of this node.
Enter a descriptive name, such as the name of the city where this node is, because this name will be used to make connections with this node.
- In the Network Line Detail form, in the Service Address field, select the address of this node.
The Prefix and CLLI field are filled in, as defined in premise.
- Enter attributes for the product that are different from the common attributes that you entered in Step 4.
If this is a simple product, click the Attributes view tab and enter these attributes in the Attributes form. If it customizable product, click Customize to enter the attributes for the line item.
- Repeat Step 7 for all of the nodes in the Line Items list.