Performance Tuning Guide > Tuning Siebel Communications Server for Performance >
About Siebel Communications Server
Siebel Communications Server provides an infrastructure to support several kinds of communications activities for Siebel application users.
For session communications performance tuning information, see Session Communications Infrastructure and subsequent sections.
For Siebel Email Response performance tuning information, see Siebel Email Response Infrastructure and subsequent sections.
- Session communications. Supports interactive (session) communications for contact center agents who use the multichannel communications toolbar to:
- Make or receive voice calls using computer telephony integration supported by CTI middleware, such as Siebel CTI Connect or third-party products
- Receive inbound email messages (for Siebel Email Response)
- Receive inbound Web collaboration work items (for Siebel eCollaboration)
- Inbound communications. Supports integrating with third-party email servers and processing inbound email (when using Siebel Email Response) or other inbound work items (when using Siebel Universal Queuing). Also supports integrating with wireless messaging providers and processing inbound wireless messages (when using Siebel Wireless Messaging).
- Outbound communications. Supports integrating to a variety of third-party communications systems, such as email servers or wireless messaging providers, to send outbound communications.