Siebel Personalization Administration Guide > Managing User Profiles >
Personalization Profile Business Component Restrictions
Personalization Profile business component:
- All MVG- and join-based fields (except extension table-based fields) are read-only. Flag them accordingly in Siebel Tools.
- If adding an MVG field, only its primary value is made visible to the end user.
- Do not use any inner joins in the Personalization Profile business component, as it may prevent the business component from being queried correctly.
- Do not modify the definitions of the following fields, because they are used to implement Siebel Personalization functionality:
- Primary Account Id
- Primary Account Id Internal
- Primary Division Id
- Primary Division Id Internal
- Primary Position Id
- Do not modify the definitions of the following joins, as they are used to implement Siebel Personalization functionality:
- Primary Account
- Primary Division
- Primary Position
- For performance reasons, flag fields in Siebel Tools as read-only whenever possible. This will avoid an attempt to save the record if the corresponding attribute is changed.
For information on working with business components and tables, see Using Siebel Tools.