Planning an Upgrade to Siebel 7 > Upgrade Scenario >
About this Scenario
This scenario consists of two phases: Scenario for Upgrading the Development Environment and Scenario for Upgrading the Test or Production Environment. Each phase is organized into sets of tasks: preupgrade tasks, upgrade tasks, and postupgrade tasks. Each set of tasks includes the day on which each task occurs, a description of the task, and the role of the project team member who would typically perform the task.
The tasks required for your upgrade will vary from the tasks described in this scenario, based on factors such as your upgrade path, database platform, and the operating system you are using. For detailed procedures and information about the upgrade process, see the Siebel Bookshelf for the Upgrade Guide for the operating system you are using.
The tasks in this scenario are based on the following assumptions:
- Oracle database upgrade from version 8.0.5 to version 8.1.7
- Operating system upgrade from Windows NT to Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Siebel eBusiness Application upgrade from Release 6.3 to Release 7.5
- Basic or moderate complexity upgrade. See Evaluating Upgrade Complexity Based on Customization.
- Size of development database: less than 20 gigabytes
- Size of production database: 30 gigabytes
- No customized scripts to migrate
- No load balancing of Siebel Servers
- Siebel Servers not clustered