Product Administration Guide > Product Attributes >
Associating Attributes with a Product
To associate attributes with a product, you assign the product to a class or subclass. A product inherits all the attributes of the class or subclass to which it is assigned. You cannot assign attributes directly to a product.
For example, a subclass has six attributes. Three of these are defined on the subclass, and three are inherited from a parent class. When you assign a product to this subclass, the product inherits all six attributes.
To associate attributes with a product
- Navigate to Product Administration.
- Select the desired Product.
- Click in the Class field to display the select button. Then click the select button to open the Pick Class dialog box.
- In the Pick Class dialog box, select the desired class.
The class name is added to the product record.
- Save the product record.
- In the More Info Show menu, choose Dynamic Attributes.
The Dynamic Attributes list appears. This list displays all the product's attributes.